Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wearing Pants Sucks, and Other Random Thoughts From Today

I am 4 months pregnant and wearing pants already sucks.

I think I'm going to make some of these out of the left over doilies from the wedding.

I really want a glass of vino verde. I miss it like the dickens. I miss drinking it with Phyllis at Kitty's in Oakland.

I'm wondering if I should just pack up all my normal clothes in boxes for now.

Peter and I watched the first episode of the first season of The Wire and he reluctantly agreed it was awesome. He doesn't like proving me right sometimes.

I think we met our doula last night. Her name is Leila and she is awesome, exactly what I need in a doula. She won me over last night when she said, "I think in their heart of hearts, a lot of doulas are committed to only doing home births and wanting to be midwives. And that's great. But that's just not me." Peter likes her because she's cheaper than other doulas. But I like her because I just felt absolutely confident and reassured in her presence. And she's good with dealing with hospitals and medical interventions. Which is what I need in my doula.


I took on an extra freelance job and didn't feel like it killed me to do it; so maybe I should do a few more.

I finally paid off my back state taxes yesterday. Damnable freelancing income and taxable income. Maybe I shouldn't do freelancing anymore.

I had my first prenatal massage yesterday at home. It was heavenly. The lady who did it was brilliant with her hands. I actually fell asleep for part of it.

I feel so bloated today from wearing pants that I want to go lay on the floor in the office. Which would not go over well.

There was some flutter in my stomach last night that wasn't like a regular stretchy pain. Can that be the baby kicking? I think it might.

I want to go backpacking again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good plan: Ditch the pants, pack away the pre-preg clothes. And enjoy the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete